This is another short (a-couple-of-paragraphs) blogging post. This time I want to raise the topic of organising information, links and resources so that to find easily everything you read zillion years ago.
I have to say here that for someone it might have been obvious and not worthy to mention but for me it turned out to be such a stunningly simple solution. I read a lot of posts, books and other stuff, find a lot of interesting ideas, save a link somewhere and forget about it forever. Isn’t it sad?
Here is what I finally managed to come up with to handle all this.
Yep, it’s a mind map. Good old mind mapping helps me to store info in simple categories.
What I do with it is:
1. Read article, write a short summary or a list of ideas – something that I can use without getting back to the article itself.
2. Place it in the relevant section or category of whatever you call it.
3. Add a link so that I can refer to the article in case I need it.
4. Highlight some key words (optional) to see the core even more easily.
5. Admire how logical and structured youк mind map is)
Here are some more screenshots:
That’s all I have to say but I would be happy to know some other ways to stay organised. Please, do share!